If that were the only dumb comment I had of the day, trying to get everything in order it would be okay, but no. I had to call my phone company because I was unable to call out because apparently the long distance hadn't been enabled. No big deal, easy fix. When I called I said, "I am able to receive calls, but I cannot make any." He did his research, yada ya...long distance was the problem. I guess he was trying to make conversation, but he says, "Are you calling me from your home phone." No... Good Grief. I have figured out why some people are meant to just be service people.
I have also added a member to my mini-family! I got myself a kitten this weekend and she is just the cutest thing! Her name is Fancy! The name came from Reba's song Fancy. You may ask yourself, why not just name the cat Reba? Well...b/c I have already had a pet named Reba, so... Well...aren't you a big fan of Days? Why not that? I have a cat named Marnie that lives with my mom and her name is a nickname of Marlena from Days. So...here's your one chance Fancy don't let me down! :) It suits her though!
I would also like to mention that Days of our Lives truly begins this Monday!! John and Marlena are making their grand return to Salem on Monday, September 26th! I have been waiting for this day for 2 1/2 years since they left on January 23, 2009. It hasn't been the same since they left and I feel no shame in saying that I quit watching for about 9 months after they left and have not been as excited about my favorite show since. Well...my excitement has come back in full force! I haven't been this ecstatic about a show in a really long time and to see my favorite people come back and actually have a story (A good one!) is just freakin' fabulous! They are the reason why I became addicted to this show and the reason why I will become unaddicted if they ever leave, which better be their decision, by the way! I thank my mother for loving this show...it's a multi-generational thing. If it weren't for her hysterical crying when John died in October 2007, I never would have started watching regularly. I had always loved John and I cried when he died too, but don't worry he came back to life! ;) But, when they were written off...I don't even want to discuss how angry I was. You can ask my roommates for clarification on that. Trying to explain my excitement about Days is simple. It is the same way people get excited over their favorite shows like Glee or Grey's Anatomy. When a character leaves you get mad, when one dies you cry and when someone comes back you are completely thrilled. Well, that's how I feel about Days. Don't downplay the excitement just because my favorite show happens to be a Daytime show instead of Primetime. All Primetime shows are basically soap operas, but with a bigger budget. Think about it...
I'm sure I will do another blog about John and Marlena's grand return to the streets of Salem, but until then...

No comments:
Post a Comment